How Often Should You Rotate Your Tires?
How often should you rotate your tires? When to rotate tires is a question many drivers ask, and it should happen every 5,000 to 7,500 miles. While this is just a rule that many Baldwin Park drivers follow, you can refer to your vehicle’s owner’s manual for the exact figures. Do you want to learn more about how many miles to rotate tires? Learn more with the team at Envision Toyota of West Covina today!
Rotating Tires on FWD and RWD Vehicles
When you hear people mentioning front- and rear-wheel drive, they’re talking about where power from the engine is sent. So with front-wheel drive, the power is sent to the front tires and the rear-wheel drive car has the power sent to the rear tires. Wherever the bulk of the engine power goes, it’s going to wear faster than the others. Whether you choose to drive a RWD or FWD, remember these tire rotation tips:
- For FWD or RWD cars, a tire rotation happens every 5,000 to 7,500 miles. Refer to your owner’s manual for all of the details.
- If you’re performing a FWD tire rotation yourself, remember to flip sides when moving the rear tires. For example, the rear right tire goes on the front left. However, when moving the front tires to the back, keep them on the same side.
- When rotating tires on an RWD car, flip the above process. Flip sides when moving the front tires to the back, but keep the rear tires on the same side when moving them forward.
- Remember your driving habits and how you drive, like off-roading, will affect how often you need to rotate your tires. Talk with the Envision Toyota of West Covina service center to get a better idea of a maintenance schedule that fits your driving habits.
AWD Tire Rotation Tips
Are you wondering how many miles to rotate tires on an AWD model? AWD vehicles are a little different since each tire will wear different, and at different speeds. Many Toyota will set the standard at 3,000 to 5,000 miles. However, it’s best to always check your owner’s manual for the exact figures for your specific vehicle. Don’t remember when your last tire rotation was? That’s okay! Schedule a service appointment online and we’ll perform an inspection to see if your tires need to be rotated. Tires usually require a rotation when the tread variance exceeds 2/32 of an inch.
Why Rotate Tires?
Many Glendora drivers understand that having a regular tire rotation will extend the life of your tires. But they also give your vehicle additional benefits:
- Improved traction on slippery roads
- Less noise on the road
- Relieves unnecessary stress on the drivetrain
Make sure you’re fully prepared for hazardous weather around Covina by keeping your tire rotations as part of your routine maintenance. Also, remember that properly taking care of your tires does not mean that they will last forever. If you need a replacement, our tire center is ready to help!
Learn More at Envision Toyota of West Covina!
For additional information about when to rotate tires or tire care, give our team a call today. Our Toyota-certified technicians are standing by to help answer your questions. Don’t forget to learn about Toyota Entune™, peruse our service specials so you can save on your next service appointment.