Staying safe as you drive on West Covina roads is your top priority, and your Toyota will help you get to your destination safely every time with Toyota Safety Sense™. Full of safety features that track your movements and surroundings, Toyota Safety Sense™ will help you prevent collisions with other vehicles or objects.
Of the features offered on Toyota Safety Sense™, the Toyota Pre-Collision system is probably the most well known. This system uses a front-facing camera and a laser to detect vehicles or objects in your path and alert you if they come too close to your Toyota. Learn more about how the Toyota Pre-Collision system works with Envision Toyota of West Covina below, then see which new Toyota models come with this system installed!
How The Toyota Pre-Collision System Works
Even if you only have a passing interest in the automotive industry, you probably have a general ideal of what the Toyota Pre-Collision System does. However, you may be wondering how it will work on your day-to-day Baldwin Park drives. Read below to learn how the Toyota Pre-Collision System works:
- A Toyota with the Pre-Collision System comes with a front-facing camera and an invisible laser to detect objects or other vehicles.
- The camera and the laser measures the distance between your vehicle and the obstacles around you.
- As you drive, the distance between you and other vehicles is measured along with your speed. Using these the system determines the likelihood of a collision.
- If the system determines that a collision is likely at your current speed and distance, your Toyota will give an audible and visual alert to get your attention. When this happens you should adjust your speed and position between your vehicle and the vehicle in front of you.
- If you do not respond to the alerts or if you are unable to, the Toyota Pre-Collision System will apply the brakes automatically, or it may deploy them at full-force with brake assist to prevent a collision.
The Toyota Pre-Collision System will alert you to dangers that may be out of your eyesight as you drive through Glendora, but it is not a replacement for attentive driving. Always keep your hands on your steering wheel and your eyes on the road on your daily commute or if you’re going out of town.
Pedestrian Detection System
There are several versions of the Toyota Pre-Collision System available to Covina drivers. When drivers opt for Toyota Safety Sense™ P (TSS P) or Toyota Safety Sense™ 2.0 (TSS 2.0), their Toyota Pre-Collision System will also include Pedestrian Detection.
Toyota models with Pedestrian Detection use a millimeter-wave radar — in addition to the camera and laser — to look for smaller objects in your vehicle’s surroundings that the Toyota Pre-Collision System might miss. By examining the shape, size, and motion of the smaller object, the Pedestrian Detection System will alert you and automatically apply the brakes if you don’t respond to protect vulnerable people in your vehicle’s path.
Toyota Models With The Pre-Collision System
If you think the Toyota Pre-Collision System will help you stay safer on your West Covina commutes, then you’ll be happy to know that many of your favorite Toyota models offer the Toyota Pre-Collision system as either a standard feature or an available package. See which models offer this innovative system below:
- Cars and Hatchbacks: Avalon, Avalon Hybrid, Camry, Camry Hybrid, Corolla, Corolla Hybrid, Prius, Prius Prime, Prius c, Yaris Hatchback
- Crossovers, SUVs, and Minivans: C-HR, Land Cruiser, Highlander, Highlander Hybrid, RAV4, RAV4 Hybrid, Tundra, Sequoia, Tacoma, Sienna
If you’re unsure if the Toyota model you want has Toyota Safety Sense™, contact our team and we’ll help you find the right vehicle for your daily driving needs.
Features Included With Toyota Safety Sense™
The Toyota Pre-Collision System isn’t the only system that comes with Toyota Safety Sense™. Baldwin Park drivers can also take advantage of these features to help them avoid collisions, stay in their driving lane, and keep an eye out for road signs.
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection (PCS w/PD)
- Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist (LDA w/SA)
- Lane Tracing Assist (LTA)
- Automatic High Beams (AHB)
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC) or Full-Speed Range DRCC
- Road Sign Assist (RSA)
Get Toyota Safety Sense™ in Your Next Toyota!
Browse the inventory at Envision Toyota of West Covina to find the perfect Toyota model with Toyota Safety Sense™ for your daily commute. You can see each model up close in our online model showroom, or stop by our dealership. We look forward to seeing you!
More from Envision Toyota of West Covina
Looking for a full-size pickup that brings something extra to the table? The 2021 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro 5.7L V8 engine delivers a 9,900-pound towing capacity, while 18-inch Tundra TRD wheels and all-terrain tires provide ground clearance and control on challenging terrain. Plus, the TRD Pro cabin is packed with advanced tech to keep…Read More
Thanks to its always-reliable performance and ultra-reasonable price, the Toyota Camry has been a top choice for Baldwin Park drivers since its launch in 1983. So how much is a Toyota Camry in 2021? The starting Toyota Camry price this year is $24,970*, a great value when you consider that lots of advanced technology—including Toyota…Read More
The Toyota Camry returns for the 2021 model year with a new engine option, upgraded performance features, and a new hybrid trim level for West Covina drivers. Whether you’re looking to save fuel with the Toyota Camry or upgrade your daily commute, this mid-size sedan will deliver the performance and capability you’re looking for. Explore the…Read More