If your Toyota key fob breaks or stops working in West Covina, it doesn’t have to derail your entire day. The service experts at Envision Toyota of West Covina are here to walk you through how to change your Toyota key fob battery and what to do if you need a total Toyota key replacement. Use these service tips to get back on the road in no time!
Toyota Key Fob Battery Replacement
It’s most likely your key isn’t working due to a dead Toyota key fob battery. Luckily, changing the battery is easy! For most newer Toyota models, the hidden key within your fob will help open your case; older fobs can be opened using a thin object inserted into the notch. Get back to the Baldwin Park streets when you follow these Toyota key fob battery replacement steps:
- Open your key fob with either your hidden key or a thin object.
- Gently lift the circuit board to reveal the battery.
- Most Toyota models use a CR2032 battery, but double check your current battery model number to be sure. These batteries are affordable and should be widely available in Glendora stores and online.
- New Toyota key fob battery in hand, insert it into place and snap the case closed.
- Test your key fob to ensure it’s working. If not, open the case again and readjust the battery, making sure the connections are clean and they’re making contact with the battery. If the key fob still doesn’t work, you may need a Toyota key fob replacement.
Broken Toyota Key Fob
For a broken Toyota key fob, there are a few options in Covina:
- If the key itself is damaged, you can get a Toyota key replacement at Envision Toyota of West Covina, where our technicians can simply cut you a new key to use in your existing fob.
- If the case is broken but the electronics inside are intact, you may be able to order parts for a replacement case. This will depend on the availability of your case style.
- If the key fob has experienced significant physical or water damage, it’s likely your fob will be beyond repair, and you’ll need a total Toyota key fob replacement.
Toyota Key Fob Replacement
Replacing your Toyota key fob is the most expensive and time consuming option, but is sometimes unavoidable if your key is lost or extremely damaged. Ordering a new fob can cost up to $350 due to the labor involved and electronic hardware, but this number can vary based on your dealership and available parts specials.
Envision Toyota of West Covina has a wide range of Toyota parts in stock, and we can order additional components to fit your needs. Work with the experts to get your Toyota key fob replacement quickly and easily!
Get Your Toyota Key Fob Replacement at Envision Toyota of West Covina!
Dealing with a broken Toyota key fob is never fun, but the service team at Envision Toyota of West Covina is here to make the process as smooth as possible. Schedule service with us today if you have any questions or need more help with your Toyota key fob replacement!