If you’ve leased a new Toyota Camry or a Toyota RAV4 and you’re nearing the end of your lease term, then you may be wondering what the next steps are for returning your vehicle. The Envision Toyota of West Covina lease return process is easy to do and hassle-free. Learn how to return a leased car with Envision Toyota of West Covina in West Covina below, then browse our new Toyota inventory to see our latest models available for your next lease!
How To Return a Leased Car
Returning a leased car in Baldwin Park is a relatively easy process, but as your end-of-lease date draws near, you’ll probably find yourself with a few questions on what the next steps are. We’ll discuss some of the common questions people have for returning their leased vehicle below, but if you have specific questions, we recommend contacting the dealership you leased your vehicle from.
When you bring your vehicle in during your end-of-lease period, your vehicle will undergo an inspection to ensure it’s not over the specified mileage and that there isn’t anything more than normal wear and tear on the vehicle. When you return your leased vehicle you will need to bring all the original vehicle parts and accessories that came with the car. This includes the vehicle manual, extra key(s), floor mats, spare tire, and any other equipment present at time of your purchase. The lessee must also be present to sign any paperwork, and we recommend removing any personal items from the vehicle before the inspection.
After your vehicle is inspected, you have a few options when you bring your vehicle back to the dealership:
- Return your vehicle to the dealership and select a new vehicle to lease
- Return your vehicle without leasing a new one
- Purchase your leased vehicle from the dealership
Depending on which option you choose, you can either walk away from the dealership after signing the final paperwork, or enter a new lease or financing plan.
Other Commonly Asked Questions
Here are some other commonly asked questions about the lease return process:
Where should I go to return my leased car?
- Return your vehicle to the Toyota dealership you originally leased it from unless your dealership specifies another location. If your original dealership is no longer open, contact another Toyota dealer in the area.
Is there a penalty for being over my mileage?
- Unless you’ve spoken to your dealer beforehand, you will most likely have a penalty for going over the mileage stipulated in your lease. These penalties are determined by how far over the mileage limit you are.
Do I need an inspection and how long does it take?
- All leased vehicles will undergo an inspection to ensure there is no significant damage or wear and tear. Normally inspections only take a few minutes.
What’s considered “Normal Wear and Tear”?
- “Normal wear and tear” is the typical depreciation your vehicle encounters during your commute or errands in Glendora. Dents, scratches, cracks, tears in the upholstery, or mechanical damage is not considered normal wear and tear and will incur a penalty.
Can I use my old lease as a trade-in toward a new Toyota?
- This is dependent on the financial offers of your Covina Toyota dealership.
I want to keep my old lease – how do I buy my lease out?
- You can discuss if buying out your lease is an option with your local Toyota dealership!
Get an Easy Lease Return at Envision Toyota of West Covina!
Now that you know more about the leasing process, contact the finance center at Envision Toyota of West Covina to inquire about the lease-return process and schedule a time that works for you! If you decide to lease a new Toyota, you can browse our Toyota inventory and our lease specials to get a great car at a discount! We look forward to hearing from you!
More from Envision Toyota of West Covina
Looking for a full-size pickup that brings something extra to the table? The 2021 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro 5.7L V8 engine delivers a 9,900-pound towing capacity, while 18-inch Tundra TRD wheels and all-terrain tires provide ground clearance and control on challenging terrain. Plus, the TRD Pro cabin is packed with advanced tech to keep…Read More
Thanks to its always-reliable performance and ultra-reasonable price, the Toyota Camry has been a top choice for Baldwin Park drivers since its launch in 1983. So how much is a Toyota Camry in 2021? The starting Toyota Camry price this year is $24,970*, a great value when you consider that lots of advanced technology—including Toyota…Read More
The Toyota Camry returns for the 2021 model year with a new engine option, upgraded performance features, and a new hybrid trim level for West Covina drivers. Whether you’re looking to save fuel with the Toyota Camry or upgrade your daily commute, this mid-size sedan will deliver the performance and capability you’re looking for. Explore the…Read More